I NEED HELP NOW! 041 984 8754
Coordinator North Monaghan
SOSAD Ireland is a non profit organisation that provides free counselling services to people who are suffering with suicidal ideation, self harming, depression, bereavement, stress and anxiety, or if you simply need to talk. We have five offices based in Cavan, Louth, Meath and Monaghan from which we provide our services. SOSAD is a volunteer led charity consisting of 500 volunteers and 7 paid staff.
We are currently looking to fill a coordinators role. The role will require you to set up and run the new branch of SOSAD Ireland based in Monaghan Town. It is envisaged that this service will cover the town and the surrounding areas. This service may also link in with our existing service based in Carrickmacross.
Initially you will be responsible for;
Identifying and securing suitable premises
Networking and promoting this new service
Equipping of the Centre
Once the Centre is established you are then responsible for the efficient and successful coordination of the Centre’s services and building.
- First line staff management responsibilities for Volunteers and TUS/CE staff
- Hours: 30 per week. Monday to Friday, Flexible to suit the needs of the service and SOSAD Ireland
- Occasional evening and weekend work is required in this post.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Coordinator is a varied role, incorporating face to face hands on work, administration and organisation. The role is pivotal in ensuring the smooth and successful day-to-day running of a busy vibrant Centre, providing Counselling services for a diverse community.
- You will be responsible for recruiting and training all Volunteers and if required CE/TUS staff.
- You with the assistance of the volunteers will be responsible for quality customer service and effective use of our administrative systems.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- The post holder will work with the General Manager and other staff to manage and develop the resources, services and projects of SOSAD, in order to best meet the needs and aspirations of the local community.
- Educated to leaving cert standard or at least 5 years relevant experience
- Knowledge and experience working within a community setting
- Knowledge and experience with issues surrounding mental health and supporting people with mental health issues
- Full drivers license
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Level 7 or above qualification in community mental health services
- Paid mileage
If you would like to contribute to our charity, please click:
Enter your text here...