I NEED HELP NOW! 041 984 8754
Discretion and confidentiality are critically important to our service. The client’s privacy is paramount and clients can be assured of confidentiality and have confidence when using our service.
We regularly review our privacy notice, consent is asked before engaging with our services.
What Data do we collect and process?
- Live Chat, the messaging service provider we use identifies your the device used to access the messaging service. They can only access this information if you consent to the related cookies when accessing our website. You can change you cookie consent at any time here.
- The personal Data we keep in line with our retention policy on people who access our service are
- Device details
- Name and location if given in Pre Chat Survey
- The content of your chat
- Any notes a volunteer takes on your call
How your Data is used
- Your device details allow you to connect to the messaging service and in turn our system so we can provide support.
- Only the volunteer you are talking to, and supervisory staff will have access to your conversation, unless there is an emergency situation where we have to pass on information to a third party as outlined in our confidentiality policy.
- We use you data to create statistical information that is unidentifiable for use in reports and allow us to improve our service.
- We use unidentifiable case studies to improve training and our service over all.
- We secure all of your Data securely in Ireland and the US.
- We have controls including policies and procedures, in place to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, alteration or unintentional destruction. SOSAD Ireland carries our regular checks to ensure it's safety. However, no communication over the internet can be guaranteed as secure. Please note we cannot control the security of the messages on your network. If you chose to screenshot or share any part of your conversations we cannot control how or where they are transmit.
- We store all data in line with our Data Retention policy, and can be held to a maximum of 7 years. We do not hold Data for any longer than necessary.
Your Rights With Your Data
Below is a summery of your rights in relation to your Data under EU law. Some restrictions do apply.
- Right of accessing your Data
- Rectification of your Data
- Right of Erasure of your Data
- Right to Object
- Right to Data portability
- Right to restrict data processing
- Right to refuse profiling
If you have a request in relation to your Data please Email Carolwest@SOSADireland.ie in relation to this.
We aim to resolve all Data requests within 30 days of the request being made.
Abuse of The Service
Anyone who is found to be abusing the service or volunteers will be banned from using the service. What we constitute or abuse ins inclusive of but not exhaustive of the below list.
- Any language of an abusive manner toward volunteers including insults and anything of a threatening, sexual, inappropriate or harmful manner.
- Copying, screenshotting or any form of sharing conversations from the SOSAD Ireland messaging service. The only exception for this is if there has been any inappropriate or illegal activity from the Volunteer. If this occurs please contact us immediately.
- Any Spam messages.
- Using the service in any way to break the law.
If you would like to contribute to our charity, please click: