I NEED HELP NOW! 041 984 8754
Why We Need You
There were 399 Suicides in Ireland in 2021.
A suicide is devastating to family, friends, co-workers of the person who took their own life, and there is also a large ripple-effect in the wider community.
The latest published statistics show that Limerick, Sligo and Cavan has had the highest suicide rates in the country per capita between 2019 - 2021. In County Limerick the rate is 20.2 per 100,000, followed by County Sligo with a rate of 15.7 per 100,000 and County Cavan with a rate of 14.6 per 100,000.
We work towards breaking the stigma of suicide and creating a community safe from suicide. Supporting those who are suicidal, those who are going through lifes challenges, and those who have been bereaved by suicide.
In 2021 across our services:
- We increased our intake by 37% on 2020 figures with a total of 807 new clients
- From which, 37% were suicidal, self harming or had suicidal ideation
- 27% were suffering with depression/low mood
- 25% of clients presented with Anxiety as their main issue
- 10% of clients received support for bereavement
Breakdown of Clients