I NEED HELP NOW! 041 984 8754
Why We Need You
There were 421 Suicides in Ireland in 2019.
A suicide is devastating to family, friends, co-workers of the person who took their own life, and there is also a large ripple-effect in the wider community.
Cavan and Monaghan have the highest suicide rates in the country per capita between 2016 - 2018. 17.1 per 100,000, was in County Monaghan, followed by County Cavan with a rate of 16.7 per 100,000
We work towards breaking the stigma of suicide and creating a community safe from suicide. Supporting those who are suicidal, those who are going through lifes challenges, and those who have been bereaved by suicide.
In 2020 across our services:
- There were 581 new intakes in 2020
- From which 43% were suicidal, self harming or had suicidal ideation
- 32% were suffering with depression/low mood
- 31% of clients presented with Anxiety as their main issue
- 10% of clients were receiving support for bereavement by suicide
Breakdown of Clients
If you would like to contribute to our charity, please click: